Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This Is Not The Blog You're Looking For

Jedi mind tricks aside for now as they do not appear to be effective on small children. I'll try that again when they are teenagers.

I wanted to write my review of the diapers we've been trying. They are GroVia All In One diapers as pictured below:
I purchased two of these diapers from an excellent local shop, The Changing Table. I was able to contact one of the lovely ladies who runs the shop and meet with her in person to look at the diapers before buying. I was very excited to bring my first cloth diapers home and test them out on my 16 month old. I prepped them three times before putting one on my son and he went to sleep in that diaper. He woke up nearly 12 hours later without a leak and I was sold.

These diapers are made with organic cotton, with a booster sewn in and an extra snap-in booster for older babies and toddlers. They snap to adjust fit, and snap on the sides to close. I purchased biodegradable flushable liners for my diapers so that when poop happens I simply lift the liner out of the diaper and flush it down the toilet. No dunking and swishing required, and the diaper goes in the laundry.

GroVia has excellent customer service and their diapers come with a one year warranty. The downside is that these diapers are on the expensive side, so if you are on a budget like me you can either buy one or two diapers at a time until you have your stock, or save up and purchase one of the packages of diapers. Right now if you buy the 12 pack of these diapers on GroVia's website you get 10% off and free shipping.

The upside is that these diapers have an excellent resale value, and I mean EXCELLENT. I was hard pressed to find any used diapers on swaps for less than $20, and they sell fast. I'm completely confident that when we no longer need our diapers they will still be in good condition and I'll be making most of my investment back.

From what I've read, these diapers are comparable to Bummis Tots Bots diapers and BumGenius All In Ones, if you're considering it, check out some how-to videos on YouTube and see which ones you'd prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment