Monday, May 9, 2011

Back to Reality

I enjoyed my weekend. I usually do, provided we have limited to no plans and I get to sleep in. Saturday I helped with a garage sale and made a whopping six dollars. I spent the rest of the day in bed. Sunday morning I was greeted with coffee, soon followed by French toast made on brown sugar cinnamon bread. Yum. French toast is one of two things my husband can really cook. (The other thing is chicken fried rice.)

Instead of cut flowers I requested a plant, so we went to Lowes and I picked out an orchid. We were going to continue our outing with happy hour at Sonic and a trip to the mall but unfortunately my poor little 16 month old started projectile vomiting from his car seat. We think he was just overheated, he was fine after getting cleaned up and having a nap.

So instead of another family outing I went to the nearest salon and had a pedicure, then came home and we all attempted a nap followed by hours of lounging in my bedroom playing some good old fashioned Nintendo. When we finally got around to dinner I got chicken and broccoli, and after dinner the kids went to bed and my husband made me oatmeal raisin cookies and put in Avatar. He cheated and gave me a massage during the movie, but I'm not complaining.

Now we're back to reality. The kids and I slept in a bit because as usual they went to bed at 8 and weren't all asleep until after midnight. Two of them woke up crying at 3:30 but were easily calmed for a change. First thing I did this morning was walk outside to turn off the sprinkler; I think my husband and I are going to have a system where he turns it on when he leaves for work and I turn it off when I get up. Our poor hydrangeas prefer the morning waterings and I had been forgetting until the afternoon.

I'm debating a trip to the grocery store soon. We need to get groceries and I'm nearly out of laundry detergent, but I've got a "I want to be sleeping still" headache and it is supposed to reach 95 degrees outside today. By the time I get dressed and have all the kids ready it will be lunch time and I might melt if I get in a hot vehicle today.

I need to get a lot done this week because I don't have much longer that I can put things off. I'd love to have my entire house spotless when baby #4 is born because I always wind up spending my precious postpartum days cleaning when I should be resting. The first few days after giving birth I am both exhausted and full of adrenaline that makes it easy to forget sleep and fold laundry instead. My goal is one area of the house a week being deep cleaned while also maintaining the rest of the house. That should take seven weeks. We'll see if I can manage it.

Of course, I can't start doing much today unless I get out and get that laundry detergent...

No comments:

Post a Comment